Bathroom updates are less labour intensive and much less expensive than full-blown renovations. I must admit that we have always updated our bathrooms and the end result has always been great! Although we have always had decent tile work so that helps! Updates can totally transform a bathroom and can look great when done properly (when the job is done well). Here are some budget friendly updates for a bathroom that can leave buyers smiling:
- Paint-It is amazing what a coat of paint can do! When selling it always best to choose something that can appeal to the masses.
- Vanity lighting-This can be easily done by just changing out the shade. Lowes sells shades for builder basic lights.
- Clean the grout-Grout can get dirty looking. I combine baking soda and water to make a paste then I apply it and scrub with a scrub brush. This usually works wonders!
- Update the mirrors-This is a simple and inexpensive way to update.
- Change your faucet-Ikea has a great selection of faucets at such great prices.
- Paint or stain your bathroom vanity-This can make such a huge difference. We have done this before and the end result looked pretty amazing.
- Change the hardware on your vanity cabinet-A small change but can add so much interest.
- Buy a new shower curtain-Who does not like to see a new, clean shower curtain.
- Update your countertops-This is a little more expensive, but well worth it. Buyers love quartz or granite.
- Change your towel bars add hooks.
- Style your bathroom. Light styling and new towels are a great addition to an update.
Take a look at our bathroom update right below!
Paint – SW Sea Salt
Faucets – Ikea
Mirrors – Home Depot
Quartz & Sinks – Kanata Granite