With spring in full swing, now is a good time to tackle some projects. This is also a perfect time to ensure there is no damage around the home as well. Here is a spring home checklist to help you along.
- Remove snow from window wells. Water that pools in window wells can cause a host of problems. Remove snow close to the foundation as well. Check basement for mold.
- Check the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Change your furnace filter. Furnace filters should be replaced every three months.
- If you are thinking about painting spring is a good idea to gather photos of colours that you like or hire a colour consultant for help narrow down and choose a paint colour (when COVID-19) is over of course.
- Clean your home and store winter items. Clean out closets and wash heavy linens. Now is a good time to store winter accessories like skiis.
- Check or have someone check the roof for damage or cracked shingles.
- You should check and clean the humidifier. Vinegar works well if your humidifier needs to be cleaned.