I believe bathrooms should always be staged. Bathrooms help sell a home. I love accessorizing them and they are one of my most favourite rooms to stage. In a master ensuite potential buyers want to envision themselves taking a bath/shower in spa like bathroom. The main bathroom in a home should always be clean and updated if possible. Updates may include a new light fixture, mirror, and wall colour.You often do not need a full blown renovation, but considering you can get 75% to 100% of the renovation costs back it is worth investing in if your existing bathroom is very dated.
Here are a few bathroom essentials before putting your house on the market
- Clean the bathroom, I think bathrooms should look spotless
- Remove toilet brushes, cleaning supplies and dirty mats (I typically do not recommend bath mats)
- Remove the bathroom scale if it is visible
- Invest in repairs. Nobody wants a leaky faucet, loose towel bars, chipped tiles or scuffed up walls
- Change the shower curtain if it is dirty, old or torn
- Do not put freshners, or scents in a bathroom
- Use a Stager!!!
This is a main bathroom that I staged just recently. My client installed new granite countertops, sink and faucet not too long ago. I just love the existing wall colour! As soon as I saw the wall colour I knew I wanted to accessorize with pink. It looks so pretty now! Here are the before pictures.