Mudrooms are purposeful rooms that many homeowners now look for when buying a home. Sometimes a home will have a mudroom/laundry room combination. Other times it can be a walk through space between the garage and living area of the home. A mudroom is definately convenient to have in a home and serves different uses for different people. For some families it can act as a “drop zone” for stuff. Canadian weather makes it a perfect room for wet boots, extra coats, and winter gear. I love my mudroom because our four legged dog can come in from a walk and dry off on the carpet before walking through the home.
Designing a mudroom is easy once you know what you want. When I designed our mudroom these are some items I wanted that would make our room functional for our family.
- Storage cubbies to fit baskets
- Open space under bench for ski boots and shoes
- Hooks at different heights to accommodate our family
- A bench height that is comfortable to sit on
- A transitional style room that complements our other living spaces
Here is a picture of our bench/cubby combination. Take a look at some other amazing mudrooms below!
Where to Buy
Bench Paint Colour – Dulux Pelican