It is pretty cold outside, but this bedroom makes me feel like I am near a beach! I wanted our bedroom to feel serene, light and airy.
To keep costs down I used all my previous furniture. Scott installed the wainscotting, and painted. We did buy a new bed frame and ceiling light. Have a look!
Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams and Dulux have all chosen their paint colour “of the year” for 2020. If you are thinking about painting in the new year you may want to check these colours out. Have a look!
According to Andrea Magno, Benjamin Moore’s Director of Colour Marketing and Development “First light 2102-70 reflects a new definition of the home-a shift in mindset from the material to satisfying the core needs in life: community, comfort, security, self-expression, authenticity and ultimately optimism.
Dulux states that Tranquil Dawn “embodies the nation’s mood on the approach of a new decade”.
Love, love, love helping clients choose colours. Paint can really transform any room. It is especially nice to see clients in Ottawa go bolder with paint colour and not be afraid of adding some colour to their walls. Here are a few colours I have worked with recently. Have a look!
SW Acacia Haze
SW Sea Salt
SW Gale Force
SW Amazing Grey
SW Silver Peony
SW Storm Cloud
SW Bungalow Beige
Brrr it is coming. Yes, I am talking about the cold weather. Here is a checklist to get your home ready for the upcoming months.
- Clean your gutters- Gutters are important for collecting water and directing the water away. Clogged gutters can cause mold and damage.
- Hose bib- Drain your hose bib, remove and store garden hoses.
- Water Irrigation System- Blow the water out of your sprinkler.
- Store and clean your outdoor furniture and cover the barbecue.
- Check your roof- Fall is a good time to check your shingles. Worn, torn or missing shingles can lead to water damage.
- Windows and Doors- Drafts can be expensive. You can easily feel the drafts on a windy day. Windows many need new windowstripping or may need to be replaced if they are leaking.
- Say no to critters- Check for holes, install vent covers and set traps. Hire a professional if you cannot resolve your critter problem.
- Check your walkway, steps, and outdoor railing. I personally know a few people who have injured themselves on uneven walkways and steps.
- Remove and replace outdoor bulbs. Our days are getting shorter therefore having a well lit walkway or landing is important.
- Book with your snow removal company. Have snow shovels or a snow blower that is in working condition.
Have a fantastic day!