Today I will be writing about how we remodeled our kitchen on a budget, but before I do that here are the before pictures of our kitchen when we first purchased our home.
This is how we remodeled our kitchen with an affordable budget.
White is still my favorite choice for kitchen cabinet colour. It is timeless and fresh looking and can look great with many styles. Painting the ceiling can really transform a room. I chose BM Harbour Haze at 50% strength. This paint colour on the ceiling makes the kitchen so much brighter, especially during our long winter months.
Many of my kitchen inspirations usually involve some form of open shelving. It makes the kitchen feel open and airy while still being functional.
What We Remodeled
- Kitchen cupboards professionally painted (we painted the gables ourselves)
- Paint Colour – Pratt and Lambert – Silver Lining
- Painted the Walls
- Paint Colour – Dulux – Pelican
- Replaced all the knobs (Lowes)
- Installed new light fixture above the kitchen table (Marchand Electric)
- Replaced the light fixture above the sink (Restoration Hardware)
- Added pot lights (Costco)
- Replaced countertops (Lowes)
- Scott tiled the kitchen backsplash (Costco)
- Added open shelving (West Elm)
- Added a range hood (Kitchenhoods.ca)
Finally in addition to all of the renovations I staged the kitchen!