Fall Maintenance Checklist
Brrr it is coming. Yes, I am talking about the cold weather. Here is a checklist to get your home ready for the upcoming months.
- Clean your gutters- Gutters are important for collecting water and directing the water away. Clogged gutters can cause mold and damage.
- Hose bib- Drain your hose bib, remove and store garden hoses.
- Water Irrigation System- Blow the water out of your sprinkler.
- Store and clean your outdoor furniture and cover the barbecue.
- Check your roof- Fall is a good time to check your shingles. Worn, torn or missing shingles can lead to water damage.
- Windows and Doors- Drafts can be expensive. You can easily feel the drafts on a windy day. Windows many need new windowstripping or may need to be replaced if they are leaking.
- Say no to critters- Check for holes, install vent covers and set traps. Hire a professional if you cannot resolve your critter problem.
- Check your walkway, steps, and outdoor railing. I personally know a few people who have injured themselves on uneven walkways and steps.
- Remove and replace outdoor bulbs. Our days are getting shorter therefore having a well lit walkway or landing is important.
- Book with your snow removal company. Have snow shovels or a snow blower that is in working condition.
Have a fantastic day!