There are some bathroom considerations that can really make a difference between living with not just an awesome looking bathroom but also one that is functional. Over the years we have learned that some items we can do with out in a bathroom. Other items are essentials.
Here are ten considerations to think about when renovating a bathroom:
- Shower or tub: I love the option of taking a bath. I personally like having both a shower and a tub especially in a master bathroom.
- Shower nooks: Be careful where you put them. Sometimes putting shower nooks to the side is the best option for a cleaner looking shower.
- Shower basis: There are so many better options than acrylic shower basis.
- Toilet rooms: Some people I know call them stink rooms. Many people love them. They do give you a ton a privacy.
- Heated floors: Okay this is a splurge but if you are spending big bucks on your bathroom renovation it might be worth it.
- Lighting: Overhead, wall and ceiling lighting should always be considered.
- A window: I love having a window in a bathroom. If you are renovating and there is no window consider installing one.
- Drawer Storage: Having enough storage is essential, consider installing drawers instead of cupboards.
- Waterproofing: This is extremely important. Buying the right waterproofing materials like Kerdi Board is essential.
- Laying and grouting the right way: Tiles will eventually come apart and crack if you do not lay your tiles with enough mortar!