Well the day has finally come and our stuff is packed…….well mostly packed. I feel a little more organized this time around. Here are ten tips that can help when moving.
- Plan early. Packing takes time so plan ahead. Give yourself lots of time as it usually takes longer than what you expect.
- Purge. This is a great time to purge. Donate used items or sell furniture pieces you no longer want.
- Find a safe place for valuables. Moving can be hectic, things like small pieces of jewelry can get lost. Take the time to find a place for your valuables ahead of your move.
- Consider storage containers. I love these. They are easy to pack, move and stack. They can be rented at Dymon Storage or Frog Box.
- Label everything. This is a no brainer but sometimes we forget. It helps to find a place for everything when you move into a new home.
- Pack essentials for your new home. Garbage bags, a fire extinguisher, toilet paper are some things that we like to have on hand when moving into a new home.
- Book daycare for your pet. Yes, think about your four legged friend or other pets when moving.
- Pack fragile items with clothes, or towels. This can save on bubble wrap. Packing two items at once is nice!
- Clean your home before you leave. Cleaning your home leaves a good impression and well it is just nice to do before you leave.
- Offer beverages to your movers when moving. If it is sweltering hot outside it is nice to have a cold drink!